Student Bar Association FormsThe Student Bar Association distributes a number of forms to be used in managing student group finances over the course of the academic year. Click on the links below to view and complete these forms. All forms this year are being distributed as fillable .pdf files. Though many forms need to be handed in with original documents attached (e.g., receipts), we encourage electronic submission when possible.
Please refer to the 2011-2012 Student Leaders Handbook for further guidance. If you have any questions about these forms or the budgeting and reimbursement process, please address them to the SBA treasurer by e-mailing fordham.SBA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. 2011-2012 Student Leaders Handbook - This manual outlines most of the policies of the School of Law and its various offices and addresses many of the most frequent questions regarding student groups and student group activities. Please refer to the Student Leader Handbook frequently when planning events, processing group funds (e.g., deposits and reimbursements), and to clarify student group procedures.
2. Budget Proposal Package - This package is to be submitted by each student group requesting funding from the SBA for the 2011-2012 academic year. Please do not print out the entire package unless necessary. The last 15 pages of the Budget Proposal Package are Event Detail Forms; please print ony the forms that you actually fill out. This package is due from each group on September 9, 2011, and may be submitted electronically by e-mailing it to fordham.SBA.email@example.com, or by depositing it in the dropbox outside the SBA office (Room 023).
3. Event Pre-Approval Form - This form should be submitted at least 14 days prior to any event anticipated to incur group costs over $500. Student groups are encouraged to use the Student Affairs Credit Card for event costs, but to do this an Event Pre-approval Form must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the payment due-date. This form should be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs.
4. Post-Event Charge Form - This form helps the Office of Student Affairs withdraw money from the proper account when you are using both SBA and Supplemental Funds. A board member must submit two copies of this form to the Office of Student Affairs no more than 10 days after any event charged to the Student Affairs Credit Card. An Event Pre-Approval Form must have been submitted prior to the event.
5. Reimbursement Form - Applications for reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days of the expenditure. Each individual seeking reimbursement must complete the following steps:
a. Report the expenditure to the group treasurer for entry on the Check Request Form (see para. below)
b. Completely fill out a Reimbursement Form;
c. Attach all original receipts to one or more Receipt Submission Sheets (template included with the Reimbursement Form .pdf);
d. Make a photocopy of the Reimbursement Form and all Receipt Submission Sheets;
e. Turn in both copies of the package to the Office of Student Affairs within 30 days of the expenditures.
6. Check Request Form - This form should be used to request University-issued checks to vendors or guest speakers. It should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the date the check is desired. Please note that payments made by group members directly to guest speakers will not be reimbursed. For each check requested, the form must include the contact's name, address, phone, and email.
7. Gift Deposit Form - This form should be used by student group treasurers to deposit donated money in a group's Gift Account. Consult chapter VI of the 2011-2012 Student Leaders' Handbook to determine what portion of a donation constitutes a fee and what portion constitutes a gift. A contact individual must be included for all donations from firms or other businesses. Checks, cash, or money orders accompanying a Gift Deposit From should be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the total amount of the deposit written on the exterior. Deposits must be made within 30 days of receipt.
8. Fee Deposit Form - This form should be used by student group treasurers to deposit fees in a group's Agency Account. Consult chapter VI of the 2011-2012 Student Leader's Handbook to determine whether group revenue constitutes a fee or a gift; note that if a payment is combination of fee and gift it should be deposited with a Gift Deposit Form (above). Checks, cash, or money orders accompanying a Fee Deposit Form should be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the total amount of the deposit written on the exterior. Deposits must be made within 30 days of receipt.
9. Executive Board Nomination Form - This form should filled out by the nominee, signed by fifty Fordham University School of Law Students, and then returned to the SBA Office (Rm. 023) by midnight on April 11, 2012.