Article by Professor Constantine Katsoris Exalts Fordham Law’s History of ServiceMarch 10, 2014
Professor Constantine Katsoris ’57 recently published a 96-page article, “In the Service of Others: From Rose Hill To Lincoln Center,” in the Fordham Law Review. The article will be available in print in the March 2014 issue of the Review (Vol. 82, No. 4).
“In the Service of Others: From Rose Hill to Lincoln Center” details Fordham Law’s longstanding commitment to public service. Katsoris divides Fordham Law’s history into three, distinct eras based on the Law School’s locations: the Bronx, Lower Manhattan, and Lincoln Center.
Focusing on Fordham Law’s leaders and their work to promote public service at the School, the article follows the succession of deans from Paul Fuller, Fordham Law’s first dean in 1905, to current Dean Michael M. Martin. Katsoris devotes additional sections of the article to the contributions that students, faculty, and alumni have made to Fordham Law’s tradition of service, as well as the impact of organizations like Fordham Law’s Leitner Center for International Law and Justice and its Feerick Center for Social Justice.
Katsoris calls the article, which he researched and wrote over the course of three years, “a labor of love.”