Draft as of September 10, 2012
INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. LEGAL SYSTEM
TONI M. FINE
1. You have three (3) hours to complete the examination.
2. This examination is a modified closed book in-class examination.
3. You may not bring any written or printed materials into the examination room, except for one dictionary of your choice. This may be a foreign language, legal, or other type of dictionary.
4. Students are not permitted to use any electronic device during the examination other than a computer that has been outfitted with the appropriate exam software.
5. Students may write their answers to the examination by hand or type their answers, provided that they have downloaded the appropriate exam software.
6. If you write your examination by hand, please begin a new page for each new question.
7. Your examination number should be noted on your exam. Do not indicate your name or FIDN.
8. Students may not discuss this examination with anyone, either while they are taking the exam or at any time after they complete the exam.
9. This examination consists of nine (9) questions. Students are expected to answer each question. The recommended time for each question is set forth below. The points allocated for each answer are proportional to the recommended time for the respective answer.
Question #1 15 minutes
Question #2 15 minutes
Question #3 15 minutes
Question #4 15 minutes
Question #5 15 minutes
Question #6 15 minutes
Question #7 30 minutes
Question #8 30 minutes
Question #9 30 minutes