140 West 62nd Street
New York, NY 10023
Office: Room 416
- Symposium on Restyled Rule of Evidence, 53 William and Mary L.Rev. 1435, 1528-43 (2012).
- The Restyled Federal Rules of Evidence, 2011 LexisNexis Emerging Issues 5875.
- Expert Testimony and Confrontation: Bullcoming v. New Mexico, 2011 Lexis Emerging Issues 5495 (with Saltzburg)
- Professional Responsibility: An Interactive Approach (1st ed. 2010) (Thomson West) (with Pearce and Green).
- Published two opinions as Special Master in In re Refco: 2010 WL 1375946 and 2010 WL 1375712 (S.D.N.Y.).
- Cases and Commentary on American Criminal Procedure (9th ed. 2010)
- "Cases and Materials on Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence (West 2008) (with Scheindlin and the Sedona Conference) (first casebook in the field).
- “The Unrecognized Right of Criminal Defendants to Admit Their Own Pretrial Statements,” 49 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 1991 2008)(with Stephen A.Saltzburg).
- "The Great Fourth Amendment Cases" (2009) (published by the Ford Foundation for Chinese judges, lawyers and scholars).
- "Principles of Evidence" (5th ed.2009) (with Graham Lilly)
- Published two opinions as Special Master on privilege and work product claims in In re New York Renu With Moistureloc Product Liability Litigation: 2009 WL 2842745, and 2008 WL 2338552.
- Federal Rules of Evidence Manual (9th ed. 2006) with S. Saltzburg & M. Martin
- "Amending the Hearsay Exceptions for Declarations Against Penal Interest in the Wake of Crawford" 105 Columbia L.Rev. 2409 (2005).
- "Melendez-Diaz and Admissibility of Records in Federal Court", published on lexis.com (2009).
- "Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence in a Nutshell" (2009) (with Scheindlin and the Sedona Conference).
- "Trying Cases Relating to Terrorism: Judges' Roundtable," 77 Fordham L.Rev. 1 (2008) (with Judges Cooke, Sand, Rosen and Scheindlin).
- “Federal Sentencing Under Advisory Guidelines: Observations By District Judges,” 75 Fordham L. Rev. 1 (2006)(with Lynn S. Adelman, Nancy Gertner, Richard G. Kopf, Gerard E. Lynch and Gregory A. Presnell)
- "Getting Control of Waiver in the Federal Courts: A Proposal for a Federal Rule of Evidence 502" 58 South Carolina L.Rev. 211 (2006)(with Ken Broun).
- Commentary to Third Circuit Judicial Conference Model Jury Instructions in Civil Cases (2006) (with Cathie Struve).
- Case Law Divergence from the Federal Rules of Evidence, 197 F.R.D. 531 (2001).
- "Keeping the Reformist Spirit Alive in Evidence Law," 149 U. Penn. L. Rev. 1277 (2001).
- "Third Circuit Task Force Report on Selection of Counsel in Class Actions," 74 Temple L. Rev. 685 (2002).
- "A Recipe for Confusion: Congress and the Federal Rules of Evidence," 55 U. Miami L. Rev. 691 (2001).
- "Admissibility of Plea Agreements on Direct Examination: The Limits Vanish," 55 U. Miami L. Rev. 751 (2001).
- "Out of Court Accusations Offered For 'Background': A Measured Response From the Federal Courts," 55 U. Miami L. Rev. 803 (2001).
- "An Accident and a Dream": Problems With the Latest Attack on the Civil Justice System, 20 Pace L.Rev. 339 (2000). (Winner of ABOTA award as the year's best article on the civil justice system)
- Commentaries on Federal Rules of Evidence, United States Code Service (Two Volumes) (Lexis, 1999).
- "The Daubert Puzzle," 32 Georgia Law Review 699 (1998)
- Basic Criminal Procedure (5th ed. 2009)
- Evidence: The Objection Method (2d ed. 2002)
- New York Evidence Handbook (2d ed. 2002) with M. Martin
- Hearsay and Confrontation (Aspen 2002)
- Expert and Lay Witnesses (Aspen 2003)
- Columns on Evidence, New York Law Journal
- "Advisory Committee Notes to the Federal Rules of Evidence That May Require Clarification," 182 F.R.D. 268 (1998)