Mark Allen Cohen
Visiting Professor of Law
Fordham University School of Law
33 West 60th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, New York 10023
Office: Room 219
- Mark A. Cohen, Sebastien Evrard, H. Stephen Harris, Jr, Peter Wang, and Yizhe Zhang, Antimonopoly Law and Practice in China (my contribution is the IPR-related content) (Oxford University Press, anticipated publication date: June 2011, approx. 600 pp).
- Mark A. Cohen, Stephanie J. Mitchell and Elisabeth A. Bang, eds., Chinese Intellectual Property Law and Practice (Kluwer Law International, 1999) (500 pp.).
- Mark A. Cohen, Stephanie J. Mitchell and George Angelov, Legal Aspects of Doing Business With Economies in Transition - for EC-Member Countries, (in Spanish), published by the Barcelona Development Agency (1992).
- John R. Oldham and Mark A. Cohen, eds., China’s Legal Development, (M.E. Sharpe 1986), republished from 22 Columbia Journal of Transnational Law at 61, 1983, including authorship of “Translator's Note to China's Legal Development”, translation of “Building New China's Legal System” by Wu Jianfan and “Developments in China's Economic Legislation” by Rui Mu, and an annotated bibliography of Chinese legal resources.
- Editorial Board, Teorija in Praksa (Theory and Practice), University of Ljubljana Law School and University of Maribor Law School, 1995 -
ARTICLES AND BOOK REVIEWS
- Tony Chen and Mark A. Cohen, “Real and Present Danger, Patent Litigation in China” (June 2009), Jones Day Occasional Papers, republished by IP 360.
- “Mark Cohen on Intellectual Property”, China Business Review (March 2009), reprinted in http://www.britannica.com/bps/additionalcontent/18/36834849/Mark-Cohen-on-Intellectual-Property, at http://www.britannica.com/bps/additionalcontent/18/36834849/Mark-Cohen-on-Intellectual-Property.
- Mark A. Cohen, et al., “What Does the Third Amendment to China’s Patent Law Mean to You?”, Jones Day occasional papers (January 2009).
- Mark A. Cohen, “Innovative Pharma Companies Concerned About Proposed Chinese Patent Genetic Resource Disclosures” in Pharmasia News (Dec. 1, 2008).
- “Politics and IP in China Explained”, Managing Intellectual Property (October 2008) at 24.
- Mark A. Cohen, “Domain Name Game”, in China Daily, IPR Special (September 1, 2008).
- Mark A. Cohen, “Intellectual Property Protection for Semiconductors in China: Current and Future Challenges” in Semiconductor Industry Forum (Summer 2005), at 8 – 9.
- Letter to Editor, “Ethics of International Multijurisdictional Practice,” Washington Lawyer (May 2002).
- Book Review, Bird in a Cage, Legal Reform in China After Mao, by Stanley B. Lubman, Washington Journal of Modern Chinese, Vol. 6, No. 2, Fall 2000.
- Mark A. Cohen, “Protection of Company Names in China,” East Asian Executive Reports, 1998.
- Mark A. Cohen, “Slovene Commercial Law in Transition: An Overview”, in Law in Transition, published by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, at 8 (Spring 1996), republished from Columbia University/Parker School Journal of Central and Eastern European Law, (June 1995) and Legal Framework for Business in Slovenia (1995) Gospodarski Vestnik, Ljubljana, publishers.
Mark A. Cohen, “Slovene-U.S. Trade Relations: Developments Since Independence and Prospects for the Future”, Theory and Practice (Teorija in Praksa), March 1994 (In English, published by Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana); Gospodarski Vestnik (July 14, 1994) (in Slovene).
- Mark A. Cohen, "Investing in China," in Mergers & Acquisitions Yearbook 1992/93 (1992), Edward E. Shea, Esq., Ed.
- Mark A. Cohen and Stephanie J. Mitchell, "Strategies for Reducing Political Risk in International Investment," in Mergers & Acquisitions Yearbook 1992/93 (5/92), Edward E. Shea, Esq., Ed.
- Mark A. Cohen, “Playing Clinton’s China Card”, Journal of Commerce, December 10, 1992 at 10A.
- Mark A. Cohen and Stephanie J. Mitchell, "Legal Aspects of Doing Business With Economies in Transition," in Korean Journal of Comparative Law (December 1991).
- Mark A. Cohen, "Legal Aspects of Investing in China" (in Spanish) in Invertir En China (1989), published by the Barcelona Development Agency.
- Mark A. Cohen, "Omnibus Trade Bill: Potential Effects on U.S.-China Trade," East Asian Executive Reports, February 1988, p. 7.
- Mark A. Cohen, Book Review of Technology Transfer to China, by Richard S. Goossen, China Law Reporter (1988).
- Mark A. Cohen, "Recent Developments in U.S.-China Trade,” Nanjing University Economic Journal, December 1987 (in Chinese).
- Mark A. Cohen, "Moving into Taiwan's Open Wine, Beer and Cigarette Market," East Asian Executive Reports, May 1987, at 7.
- Mark A. Cohen, Book Review of “Foreign Trade, Investment and the Law in the People's Republic of China,” by Michael J. Moser, China Law Reporter, Summer, 1985.
- Book Review of The Standard of "Civilization" in International Society, by Gerrit W. Gong, Brooklyn Journal of Comparative Law (1985).
- Mark A. Cohen, Book Notes on Recent International/Transnational Law Publications, including reviews of Essays on International Law and Organization by Leo Gross; The People's Republic of China: A Bibliography of Selected English Language Legal Materials by Jeanette L. Pinard; and The International Law of Human Rights, by Paul Sieghart; in 22 Columbia Journal of Transnational Law at 613-616, 1984.
- Editor/Webmaster, www.chinaiprlaw.com, (1998 – 2001) (website suspended while a government employee).
- Editor/Webmaster, Chinese Law, Counsel Connect (1995 – 1998) (website now merged into www.law.com).