Fordham University School of Law
140 West 62nd Street
New York, NY 10023
BiographyGellis' scholarship includes articles on the municipal securities market, local finance, and governmental tort liability. While at Indiana Law, she taught Corporations, Property, Real Estate Finance, State and Local Government, Municipal Finance, Land Use, and Secured Transactions.
Active in university and professional committees, Professor Gellis served for seven years as the head of the Office of Research Compliance in the Indiana University Office of the Vice President for Research for the university's Bloomington and regional campuses.
- Elected to the Order of the Coif at New York University
- Head, Indiana University Office of Research Compliance in the Office of the Vice President for Research (2000-2007)
- Chair, Association of American Law Schools State and Local Government Section
- Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, New York (1971-78)
- Chief, Economic Development Division, Law Department, New York (1978-80)