Ronald P. Fischetti , Esq.
Law Office of Ronald P. Fischetti
950 Third Avenue, 32nd Floor
New York, NY 10022
Ronald P. Fischetti joined the Adjunct Faculty in 1980 and is a recipient of the Bene Merenti Medal for distinguished service to the School of Law. Professor Fischetti is a nationally renowned Trial Advocacy instructor who has accepted invitations to lecture at the nation’s premier centers of legal scholarship.
In addition to his classroom acumen, Professor Fischetti enjoys a well-deserved reputation as a mentor. Under his tutelage, many former students have gone on to successful careers as both prosecutors and criminal defense practitioners.
A distinguished member of the New York Criminal Defense Bar, Mr. Fischetti specializes in federal representation. Throughout the years, Mr. Fischetti’s client list has been a veritable “who’s who” of the famous and infamous. He has been lauded by members of the bench and bar alike for his unselfish philanthropic efforts to seek justice.
Mr. Fischetti’s belief in Charles “Chuck” Schwarz, a former New York City police officer charged with the assault of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima, inspired complex pro bono representation which began in 1999 and continues to this day. Mr. Fischetti is credited with the reversal and ultimate dismissal of the top civil rights violation, a reversal of lesser counts and negotiation of a dramatic downward departure from the term of incarceration available under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
Bar AdmissionsNew York; United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth and Eleventh Circuits; United States Supreme Court.
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Co-Chair, Selection Committee of the Criminal Justice Act Panel, United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Visiting Professor of Trial Advocacy, Harvard Law School; Yale Law School; and New York University School of Law
- President, New York Council of Defense Lawyers (1988-1990)
- Master, Federal Bar Council Inn of Court
- Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Recipient, Fordham University Bene Merenti Medal
(20 Years of Distinguished Faculty Service) (2000)
- Recipient, New York Council of Defense Lawyers Norman S. Ostrow Award
(Demonstrated Excellence in Criminal Defense) (1998)
- Recipient, Fordham School of Law Eugene J. Keefe Memorial Award
(Most Important Contribution to the Fordham School of Law) (1997)
- Hon. Gerald B. Garson, Kings County (NY) Supreme Court Justice (Judicial Misconduct) (2004)
- Dana Giacchetto, Celebrity Money Manager (Securities Fraud) (2000)
- Former New York City Police Officer Charles Schwarz (Abner Louima Civil Rights Violation) (1999-2003, Pro Bono)
- Elaine Kaufman, Famed New York Restaurateur (Criminal Assault) (1998)
- United States Representative Robert Garcia (Wedtech Bribery Scandal) (1992)
- Daniel Perlmutter, Former Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of New York (Narcotics) (1985)
EducationLL.B. – St. John’s University School of Law (1961)
B.A. – St. John’s University (1957)