Fordham Law School banner photo

Employment Information

I. Employment Statistics

A. ABA Employment Questionnaire

B. ABA 2014 Employment Questionnaire (for 2013 Graduates) Definitions & Instructions (PDF)

C. NALP Report Class of 2013

II. Representative Employers

Employers who visited Fordham Law during its 2013 Fall On-Campus Interview Program and 2014 Spring On-Campus Interview Program [PDF]. This list does not include employers who participated in our Resume Collect Programs nor our online Job Bank.

III. Information Regarding Fordham Law Recruitment

A. Spring Recruiting Program:
Each year from February through Mid-April the CPC organizes a Spring Recruiting Program, which includes the Spring On-Campus Interview Program and the Spring Resume Collect Program.

These programs primarily facilitate interviewing of first-year JD students. The predominant employers are from the public sector (government and public interest). The vast majority of first-year JD students spend their summer working in the Public Sector, interning with judges, at government agencies or public interest organizations. A small number of law firms and corporate legal departments also participate in this Program.

B. Fall Recruiting Program:
This is the largest recruiting program held by the CPC each year. It includes Early Interview Week (mid-August), Fall Weeks (September through October), and the Fall Resume Collect Program.

These programs facilitate interviewing of upper-division JD students for summer and permanent positions (Pursuant to NALP guidelines first year JD students may not contact employers until December 1st of their first year). Early Interview Week is primarily comprised of large law firms hiring for their summer associate programs. The Fall Weeks component welcomes additional large firms, mid-size firms, government agencies and public interest organizations.

Fordham’s Fall On-Campus Interview Program operates under a partial system, where employers select 60% of their interview schedule and the remaining 40% is determined by the Student Preference System.

C. Fordham Law Job Bank:
The CPC hosts a proprietary and password protected Job Bank accessible to current students and alumni.

D. Public Interest Legal Career Fair and Equal Justice Works Career Fair:
The Public Interest Resource Center (PIRC) coordinates Fordham Law students’ participation in these two career fairs which feature government agencies and public interest organizations from around the country.

E. Job Fairs:
There are numerous regional job fairs around the country that the CPC disseminates information to students about participating.

F. The CPC actively assists students in their job searches through individual counseling, career development programs, guides and resources many of which are proprietary to Fordham Law School.

IV. The National Legal Market

A. NALP the National Association of Legal Career Professionals