Below is an overview of the procedures leading up to the First Day of Classes. All questions can be directed to Audrey Glassman unless otherwise indicated.
If you are an Adjunct teaching a Clinical, Legal Writing, or LLM course, please check with those departments for alternative instructions.
Immediately Upon Hire
- Interest in Teaching — If you are interested in teaching at Fordham Law School for the first time, please start by contacting Audrey Glassman.
- Submit Course Proposal & Teaching Plans — New Adjuncts coordinate their teaching plans directly with Audrey Glassman at email@example.com. Returning Adjuncts submit their teaching plans directly into FacNet. See Course Descriptions for examples.
- Verify Class Schedule — When the Class Schedule is released, verify your availability and make sure any co-teachers are listed. See also Academic Calendar.
- Submit Employment Forms — After the Class Schedule is released, employment forms are mailed out. See Employment Forms.
- Manage Adjunct Web Profile — E-mail brief biographical content to Owen Grey for your Adjunct Web Profile on the Fordham Law School website.
- Submit Course Materials — Audrey Glassman will contact you to gather your Course Material needs, including textbook orders and courseware needs (WestLaw TWEN, LexisNexis Web Courses, and Blackboard).
1-2 Months Prior to the First Day of Classes
- Activate AccessIT ID — About 2 weeks after employment forms are submitted, New Adjuncts will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org containing your Fordham e-mail address, the beginning of which makes up your AccessIT ID needed for Fordham web tools. New Adjuncts must activate their AccessIT ID by visiting my.Fordham.edu and following the instructions for "First Time Users."
- Upload Syllabus & First Class Assignment — Upload your Syllabus & First Class Assignment into LawNET, the Law School's Intranet, in order for it to be retrieved by students via LawNET. See sample Fall 2013 Syllabus Template.
- Manage your Courseware — You should have received your courseware login information for TWEN, LexisNexis, or Blackboard, and can begin posting materials for your students.
- Submit Copying Requests — E-mail documents to be copied and specifications to Owen Grey. Most projects require a minimum 24-hour turnaround, if not more for the first week of classes.
- Coordinate Classroom Technology — If you will require classroom technology or class recordings, please contact Media Services.
1-2 Weeks Prior to the First Day of Classes
- I.D. Card — You should receive your I.D. Card in the mail at least 2 weeks before the first day of classes. You will need your I.D. Card in order to enter the building.
- LawNET Class Roster — Login to LawNET and print your Class Roster. You can also send a message to your registered students. Contact Owen Grey or the Law IT Help Desk at email@example.com, 800.761.2934, or 212.636.6786 with any questions.
- Seating Charts — Please contact Owen Grey if you would like a Seating Chart complete with students' names and photos.