Sean F. Kane
Fordham University School of Law
140 West 62nd Street
New York, NY 10023
Sean Kane is Counsel with Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC. He is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property practice and a member of the Virtual Worlds & Video Games team. Mr. Kane has represented clients on transactional matters involving various entertainment, communications and consumer products business segments, such as video games, virtual worlds, computer software, the Internet, music publishing, records, motion picture (feature and independent films) and television production and distribution. He also has considerable experience litigating complex business disputes in federal and state courts at trial, appellate levels and in ADR forums throughout the country. Prior to joining Pillsbury, Mr. Kane was the founder of Kane & Associates LLC, where he served as Manager for the firm’s Interactive Entertainment Practice Group.
Mr. Kane has written and lectured extensively on legal topics relating primarily to intellectual property and entertainment issues. Some of his recent presentations are: May 2010 “Freemiums as a Business Model: What Start-Ups Need to Know & What Investors Like”, speaking engagement as part of the Shift Worldwide Webinar Series; May 2009 “Here are the ten ...oy! Five! Five, most important issues for game start ups!”, featured speaker at the LOGIN Conference, Seattle, Washington; May 2010 “Open Innovation and Social Networking Communities: Ownership and Licensing of Intellectual Property”, speaking engagement at the AIPLA Conference, New York, New York; April 2010 “Exploring the Market Opportunities & Legal Challenges of the Virtual Goods Phenomenon”, speaking engagement as part of the Strategy Analytics Webinar Series.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Villanova University, 1995
- Chair of the Committee on Virtual Worlds and Computer Gaming, American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Chair of the Virtual Worlds and Multiuser Online Games Committee, American Bar Association Section of Science & Technology Law
- American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law Liaison to Section of Science & Technology Law
- IP Panel of Neutrals, American Arbitration Association
- Board of Editors, Internet Law & Strategy